Need legal advice?

The procedures for obtaining a residence permit in Belgium are sometimes complicated. You are entitled to request help from an association or a lawyer.

I would like information

If you would like to obtain a preliminary opinion on your situation, you can contact:

  • associations: the associations specialising in aliens' law can explain your situation to you and, if necessary, refer you to a specialist lawyer.
  • your social worker: if you are in a reception centre, your social worker can give you information and refer you to a specialised association or a lawyer.
  • a lawyer: continuously available services are organised by lawyers in each region of the country.
  • a Public Centre for Social Welfare (CPAS/OCMW) also organises continuously available legal services.
Meeting your lawyer

I would like a lawyer

If you are applying for international protection, you can receive free help from a lawyer. If you are a minor, you are obliged to be represented by a lawyer.