Registration of your application
Where to register your application?
If you are on Belgian territory, go to the arrival centre (in Brussels) and inform them that you wish to apply for international protection (or asylum) in Belgium.
The arrival centre is open from Monday till Friday, you must arrive at 8:30 am (in the morning).
Address arrival centre: Rue de Passchendaele 2 – 1000 Brussels.
Measures against the coronavirus
In the queue outside and in the arrival centre
- Keep 1.5 metres distance from other people
- Do not stand together in groups
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory
- Wash or disinfect your hands regularly
Registration: questions about your identity and fingerprints
- An official from the Immigration Office will ask you questions to find out your identity: your name, date and place of birth, address where you can be reached etc.
- An officicial of the Immigration Office will photograph you and take your fingerprints
- You also need to provide all documents proving your identity.
- During the registration, the Immigration Office will decide which language will be used for your procedure (French or Dutch)
When you are in the arrival centre, a nurse will check whether you are infected with the coronavirus. The nurse will take your temperature and ask you several questions about your health. Your lungs will also be X-rayed.
A reception place
Following the registration at the arrival centre, Fedasil will check whether you are entitled to reception. If you are entitled to reception, Fedasil will provide you with a reception place in a reception centre while your asylum application is being examined.