Have you found paid work? Together with your employer, you must sign an employment contract. Also inform your social worker, and join a health insurance scheme.
You have a job and live in a reception centre or local reception initiative (CPAS)
- If you work, you are required to inform your social worker about your employment contract, your working hours and your pay slip.
- It is possible that you may have to pay part of your wages for your accommodation. Talk about this with your social worker.
Join a health insurance scheme
If you work, you are also required to join a health insurance scheme (or mutual insurance scheme).
What does a health insurance scheme do?
- The health insurance scheme reimburses part or all of your medical expenses (your visit to the doctor or dentist).
- If you have work, but are unable to work for a certain period due to illness or an accident, the health insurance scheme will pay you financial compensation to replace your salary.
- The health insurance scheme informs you about health, medical costs and your rights as a patient.