You look for work
Are you looking for work? Register with an employment agency.
If you want to work, you can register with an employment agency.They help you find work that matches your skills. Each region has a separate employment agency:
- VDAB (in Flanders)
- ACTIRIS (Brussels)
- FOREM (Wallonia)
- ARBEITSAMT (German-speaking community)
Registering with an employment agency
From 4 months after submitting your application for international protection, and if you have not yet received a response from the CGRS, you can register as a jobseeker with an employment agency.
To register as a jobseeker with these agencies, you will need the following documents:
- Residence permit
- If you have a temporary residence permit your immatriculation certificate (orange card) must state that you have limited or unlimited access to the labour market.
An employment agency can help you
- look for a training course or traineeship.
- attend Dutch or French classes in order to work.
- draft your CV, letter of motivation or help you prepare for a job interview.
- look for vacancies for you, which match your experience or interests.
Jobs for newcomers in Flanders
Find jobs that match the language skills of newcomers: visit the website VDAB and type the keyword '#Werkplekvrij' under the title 'Zoek een job'.
Jobs for newcomers in Brussel
Find jobs that match the language skills of newcomers: visit the website ACTIRIS and type the keyword '#Welcome' under the title 'Vind een job' or 'Trouvez un emploi'.
Jobs for newcomers in Wallonia
Find jobs that match the language skills of newcomers: visit the website FOREM or ARBEITSAMT (German-speaking community) and type the keyword '#Dispo’ under the heading 'Trouvez un emploi’.