Study and work

If you are studying or going to school, you can do a temporary job in addition to your studies to earn some extra money. This kind of work is called a student job.

Who can do a student job?

  • Your main activity is studying/you are a student (as main status)/you are enrolled in a school as a student.
  • You are 15 years old and you have followed at least two years of secondary education.
  • Or you are at least 16 years old.

Which documents do you need?


  • Inform your social worker about your student job.
  • As a student, you do not have to pay part of your salary to the reception centre.
  • As a student, you can work a maximum of 475 hours per year.