Study and work
If you are studying or going to school, you can do a temporary job in addition to your studies to earn some extra money. This kind of work is called a student job.
Who can do a student job?
- Your main activity is studying/you are a student (as main status)/you are enrolled in a school as a student.
- You are 15 years old and you have followed at least two years of secondary education.
- Or you are at least 16 years old.
Which documents do you need?
- A work permit or the permission to work mentioned on your immatriculation certificate
- A valid residence permit
- A signed student contract. An employment contract for students can be maximum 1 year long.
- Inform your social worker about your student job.
- As a student, you do not have to pay part of your salary to the reception centre.
- As a student, you can work a maximum of 475 hours per year.