Why should you get vaccinated?
- To protect yourself and the people around you.
The coronavirus is dangerous to many people around you:
- those over 65
- people with lung, heart or vascular disease
- people with diabetes or a reduced immune system (for example people who have cancer)
But the virus can also be dangerous for young, healthy people.
- To prevent the spread of the virus.
If more than 70% of all people in Belgium are vaccinated, the virus will spread less quickly. This is called herd immunity
- Your life will get back to normal faster.
- It makes your body stronger against the virus.